Enrollment in the Preschool Division and Primary Division (Level 1A only) is based on a child’s age on or before September 1st.
New students with previous ballet training are required to take a placement class to determine the most appropriate level; placement is based on ability and not age.
Please contact the school office at 512-894-2147 to schedule a placement class. Email [email protected] if you have any questions.
- Discover Dance: this class meets 1x/week for 45 mins.
- Pre-Ballet 1: this class meets 1x/week for 45 mins. with the option to take an additional 30 mins of Tap for Pre-Ballet.
- Pre-Ballet 2: this class meets 2 hrs/week with the option to take an additional 30 mins of Tap for Pre-Ballet.
- Level 1 Ballet: this class meets 2.5 hrs/week with the option to take an additional 1 hr of Jazz 1 and/or 1 hr of Tap 1.
- Level 2 Ballet: this class meets 7 hrs/week with the option to take an additional 1 hr of Tap and/or 1 hr of Jazz.
- Level 3 Ballet: this class meets for 11 hrs/week with the option to take an additional 1 hr of Tap and/or 1 hr of Jazz.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, class observation is not allowed at this time. Under normal circumstances, we allow class observations and schedule them once a semester. We post observation schedules in advance; please see a staff member with any questions. While observing class, guests should refrain from talking, and cell phones must be placed on silent or turned off. Chewing gum, snacks, toys and drinks are not allowed in our studios during observation. Any children attending class observation with an adult must sit quietly and not disturb the class.
Class Make-Up Policy
Any primary division student who misses classes for any reason must call the school office at 512-894-2147 to report the absence. Missed classes must be made up if the student wishes to maintain the level achieved. Limitations placed on the student by a physician are respected, but all classes missed must be made up as quickly as is reasonably possible.
Students who are injured may be given credit for properly completing an observation form while observing his/her class. Students who are ill should be resting at home and are not permitted to observe class.
At times, emergencies such as severe weather, fires, power failures or acts of nature can disrupt operations. In extreme cases, these circumstances may require Central Texas Youth Ballet studios to close.
Classes are delayed or cancelled in accordance with the Dripping Springs Independent School District. Please watch your local television stations for this information. For weekend classes, parents and students should check CTYB’s website or social media pages for announcements of closings, or call the studio to verify if CTYB is open. Information will be available by 9 a.m.
It is understood that when roads are bad, many parents cannot, should not or prefer not to drive, but all classes missed because of bad weather should be made up as soon as possible.